“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
GCE, Bodinayakannur steps in – to make a difference and where learning is not just
series of instructions but a passion, which goes beyond books, instructions, and
learning horizons. Together, we aim to create a relevant, engaging and challenging
educational experience for all students.
With warm Regards,
Dr.S.Jayanthi M.E., Ph.D.,
Government College of Engineering, Bodinayakannur - 625 582.
- • Having experience of about 30 years in research and academic work.
- • Principal Investigator and Nodal Officer for TEQIP Phase II sponsored Project for Centre of Excellence for Environmental Studies for INR 50 Million (Rupees)
- • Visiting Faculty as J1 Scholar undergone research training at BCRL,Michigan State University, USA.
- • Undergone advanced research training in INRA ,Narbonne,France .
- • Nodal Officer for TEQIP Phase I World Bank Projects in Govt College of Technology Coimbatore for the year 2004-2008.
- • Preparation of CIP,PIP,Monthly Progress Report,Quarterly Report.
- • Coordinated for execution of Projects. Coordinated Academic &Financial Auditors and Mentorfor the World Bank funded Projects.
- • Value of Projects executed for INR 137.54 Million(Rupees)
- • Actively involved in coordinating counseling of students admissions for Master of Business administration/Master of Computer Application –State level participation of about 1000students per day for three years
- • As Asst controller of exams for the Institute ( 15 months) having full knowledge of the process of Conduct& Evaluation of exams for the Institute.
- • Presented papers in International seminars in Environmental Engg. (Solid waste Management)
- • Handling Cleaner Production technologies for Environmental Engg students
- • Also teaching LCA tools, Environment Impact assessment and Design for Environment.
- • Certified ISO 14001 EMS Auditor and can independently carry out Environment Impact Assessment Study.
- • Involved in Evaluation reports for NGO Funded by WATER AID for their projects.
- • Project Under progress-Pre Project survey-water and sanitation projects sponsored by PepsiCo Foundation.
- • Donor Agency-Water Partners International.Location-Tiruchirapalli unit,South India.
- • Consultant for Water Partner International, India Liaison Office
- • Resource person in the field of Biogas Technology and its applications in the field of Environmental Engineering.
- • Specialization in the areas of Solid Waste Management and Cleaner Production
- • Special interests in the area of Renewable energy sources
- • Handled subjects Waste recovery and Energy recovery Technologies and Environmental Pollution and Control Engineering for Master’s Degree in Thermal Engineering and Environmental Engineering
- • Co-ordinator , TEQIP sponsored Faculty Development Programme on “Advanced treatment Technologies for water and wastewater” 18th – 24th March 2013
- • Coordinator, International Workshop on “Biodiesel: A Green Fuel from the Dross of the Earth” 11th November 2013.
- • Co-ordinator , TEQIP sponsored Faculty Development Programme on “Biological Treatment of wastewater: Innovations, Perceptions and Challenges” Feb 25th to Feb27th 2014.
- • Co-ordinator, TEQIP Sponsored One day Workshop on TOC Analyzer and FTIR Applications in Environmental Engg and BioTechnology, on Nov 7th, 2014.
- • Co-ordinator, TEQIP Sponsored One day Workshop on HPLC and its Applications, on April 7th, 2015.
- • Co-ordinator, TEQIP Sponsored National Conference on “ Environmental Challenges towards Sustainability- 2015 ” on 15th May 2015
- • Co-ordinator , TEQIP sponsored Faculty Development Programme on “Sustainable Technologies for Waste to Energy” Aug 10th to 14th 2015
- • Co-ordinator , TEQIP sponsored Workshop on “Biodiesel Rancimat and its applications” 3rd Feb,2016.
Ph. D Awarded and Supervised
- 1. GIS based groundwater modeling study to assess the effect of artificial recharge in kodaganar sub-watershed (M.C.Sasikumar 2007)
- 2. Studies on the Properties of high volume fly ash gypsum slurry with quarry waste and its use in pavement base course (V. Revathi 2009)
- 3. Anaerobic digestion of infectious biomedical waste with effective pretreatment techniques (E.Sarojini 2010)
- 4. Study on strength and durability aspects of fly ash aggregate concrete (S. Shanmugasundharam 2013)
- 5. Experimental study on strength and durability with theoretical modeling of high volume fly ash concrete using mathematical and ANN tools in brackish water environment(K. Siva Lingam 2013)
- 6. Performance Study on Anaerobic Sequencing Batch Reactors for Methane and Hydrogen Production from Distillery Wastewater (Akil .K.2014)
|B.E(Civil Engineering)||1984||Madras University|
|M.E(Environmental Engineering)||1990||Bharathiar University|
|Ph.D.,(Civil Engineering)||1999||Bharathiar University|
|2008-2016||Assistant Professor||GCT, Coimbatore|
|2016-Till Date||Professor||GCE, Bodinaykannur|